Friday, January 25, 2008

Some of my older work

These are some of my older paintings. I was quite into watercolors for a while, then shifted to acrylics, before I settled into my addiction to pastels. There isn't much to post, I have a bad habit of giving things away before I've taken a good photo of them.


This is a pastel of Dam Pond, Orient, NY. It's a very popular site for photographers and artists alike. However, this is a view not often presented. The most familiar site of Dam Pond is from the Main Rd, of a little boat that is always there. This view is from the back side of the pond, from the Long Island Sound side. the reference photo was from my husband's friend, Mark Long.

DAM POND


This is one of my first pastels. It's a night scene of the Orient Point Lighthouse (affectionately known in these parts as "The Coffee Pot"). The bright spot in the middle, although it looks as if it could be the moon, is actually the flash, unfortunately.

COFFEE POT


A favorite place for my husband and me is Islamorada, in the Florida Keys. This is Tarpon Cottage, a friend's place that we often stay in. My one and only acrylic that I was happy with!

TARPON COTTAGE


My other favorite place on earth! Montauk. This is the Montauk Point Lighthouse, reference photo taken from the south side. It's watercolor, monochromatic, all "indigo"

MONTAUK BLUES


Another very early watercolor. Reference photo was taken on my back deck, after a heavy rain. I really wanted to do raindrops!

MORNING GLORY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barbara...These are awesome!!! I love Dam Pond, I think thats my favorite. I knew you were always creative but didn't know you were this talented...I love love love looking at your work it inspires me. Love ya Donna